Honorary Master
1. Queue outrage.
2. Media frenzy and protests
3. Nothing gets done
4. Moving along.

Next

SlowInternet

Executive Member
It does not matter how many charges he face, nothing will ever come of this unfortunately. He can do what he wants and whenever he wants to.

access

Executive Member
I wonder what would happen if the clown didn't face any charges/allegations.

this idiot has been surrounded/covered/immerged in it forever, its almost like he feeds/thrives on it.

a useful distraction for him I'm starting to think.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
1. Queue outrage.
3. Nothing gets done
4. Moving along.

Next
Only violent protests will shake him out of his comfort zone. He sees peaceful protests as nothing more than a day out in the sun.

bekdik

Honorary Master
1. Queue outrage.
3. Nothing gets done
4. Moving along.

Next
And, no doubt, equally loud the screams of innocent until found guilty.

An honorable thought, except when conditions of litigation are so skewed so as to make it impossible to be found guilty. When those carrying out the treasonable theft and other offences are in a position so as to decide how parliament should vote, what evidence should be presented in trials, and whether the guilty findings of a court, including the very highest in the land, will be ignored with contempt, then the only verdict one can come to is that the accused are guilty as charged, whether a trial takes place or not.

There are more than 783 reasons supporting this view.

Alan

Honorary Master
President Jacob Zuma allegedly received hundreds of thousands of rand, as well as expensive gifts from the Thales Group, as part of a 1997 arms deal, according to court papers.
Can't be. The ANC was different back then.

Sl8er

Executive Member
Because of this, zupta 2.0's campaign just got kicked up a few notches for sure.
zupta 1.0 needs his puppet to take over, now more than ever.

IdlePhaedrus

Expert Member
Why only speak up now Ajay Sooklal? Was your annual hush money not adjusted properly for inflation or something?
He spoke up in 2014 already (see below). On the why of course, you are probably correct given his involvement.

The Sunday Times reported that in a 2014 interview, Moynot said Sooklal was a liar.

Google spat this out: https://mg.co.za/tag/pierre-moynot
Here is the original Sunday Times article from 2014:

https://www.pressreader.com/south-africa/sunday-times/20140928/281638188428503

Whether one liar called another liar a liar is really immaterial, this could have very serious consequences for Zuma in regard to the discrediting of the Seriti commission of enquiry, and the re-instatement of the original 783 charges and the spy-tapes case due to be heard later this year if I recall correctly.

I would love to be an optimist and hope that the flack (and there is a fair amount of it at the moment) coming Zuma's way will finally penetrate his teflon, and he will either be voted out on the no confidence motion / impeached, or recalled by the ANC.

I cannot predict that this will in fact happen, and give Zuma his due, he might not be well educated, but he is wiley as hell. But a few things are clear in my mind; first if we have to limp along to 2019 with Zuma as president, we will be economically borked, and it will take years to recover from that. Second, if his ex wife becomes president of the ANC, and becomes our president in 2019 (should the ANC win the elections with her at the helm) we will be borked twice over.

I would really like to support the notion that we offer him a deal to go, with a permanent stay of prosecution, but I just can't. It would be a compromise too far. For me, this has to play out, because in our country everyone needs to be equal before the law. I know they're not, but that is the way it needs to be.

neoprema

Expert Member
He will just pull out a few race cards. Seems South Africans are becoming oblivious to logic once the race card and/or "apartheid" are mentioned... :mad:

rawoke

I'm split between being pissed off and ashamed for the same reason..
Why haven't my fellow countryman and I chased this idiot away yet ?