Zuma falls asleep during Gordhan's mid-term budget speech

Ecco

Executive Member
All eyes were on Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan on Wednesday when he delivered his mid-term budget speech in Parliament.

Gordhan’s mid-term budget ‘calm and measured’‚ say economists and analysts Gordhan’s mid-term budget ‘calm and measured’‚ say economists and analysts
The speech said as much about SA’s politics as it did about the state of the public purse.

An hour and 14 minutes into Gordhan’s speech, Parliament’s cameras caught President Jacob Zuma sleeping.

Everything continued as normal.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/politics...asleep-during-Gordhans-mid-term-budget-speech

SweetFennyAdams

Expert Member
That loathsome blight has been asleep at the wheel since 2008.

Zuma's priorities are as follows: 1) Money 2) Family 3) Making more family 4) Making more family....rich 5) Making buddies and people that protects him rich 6) organizing super jobs and tenders for family and friends.....then comes a few more "making more family's", then finally at 200) D̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶j̶o̶b̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶r̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶n̶e̶f̶i̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ Nah, sounds too much like work. Lets make more family

Last edited:

TysonRoux

Honorary Master
Numbers that he is incapable of understanding must be very boring for him.

R13...

Honorary Master
Numbers that he is incapable of understanding must be very boring for him.

I doubt Zuma understands 5% of how government stuff works and that's being generous. He probably operates on the basis of being told what things mean and being given the gist, which is why he's always relied on others basically telling him what to do. Good politician though.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Give the guy a break, he was up all night writing his resignation letter!

/S

McSack

Executive Member
.... Good politician though.
If that means being a dodgy mofo who knows how to lie, bullschidt, cover his arse, steal other people's money, avoid answering questions and doing all kinds of shady backroom maneuvering then I agree with you

... but I don't think that is what a "good politician" is supposed to do

R13...

Honorary Master
If that means being a dodgy mofo who knows how to lie, bullschidt, cover his arse, steal other people's money, avoid answering questions and doing all kinds of shady backroom maneuvering then I agree with you

Standard definition of a politician

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
Its all those numbers in the budget speech ..... and we all know how Mr. Eleventy seven is with numbers .....

durbandave

He doesnt need to worry about the budget because half it will probably end up in his bank account anyway.

What a useless specimen of a human being.