Zuma in talks to sell stake in Denel to Qatar – Report

access

Honorary Master
great, eventually we'll end up with mud huts and dirt roads with only sars still running. lol.

j4ck455

Executive Member
Times Live paywall abstract said:
South Africa is in talks to sell [highlight]a majority stake[/highlight] in state-owned arms manufacturer Denel to oil-rich Qatar, capitalising on rising Middle Eastern tensions.

Both MyBB's news article and the abstract from the Times Live paywall mention "talks" to sell a stake in Denel to Qatar.

The only thing that surprises me about this is that Qatar is being considered as a potential stakeholder: I would have thought that other countries in that region would be a better fit, for example the UAE.

Perhaps the strategy is to get Qatar to bid whilst waiting for other countries in that region to put in a better bid.

access

Honorary Master
Both MyBB's news article and the abstract from the Times Live paywall mention "talks" to sell a stake in Denel to Qatar.

The only thing that surprises me about this is that Qatar is being considered as a potential stakeholder: I would have thought that other countries in that region would be a better fit, for example the UAE.

Perhaps the strategy is to get Qatar to bid whilst waiting for other countries in that region to put in a better bid.

the qatar thing also had me wondering, maybe nobody else is interested and qatar will take what they can get?

krycor

Honorary Master
Well it makes sense from a military investment pov for them. What I wanna know is what’s Zumas cut gonna be.