Zuma offered immunity from prosecution if he turns on the Guptas – Report

skeptic_SA

Executive Member
When the bruin 'ous are no longer the main 'ous.

But too late. Damage control has been wheelspinning non stop since guptaleaks emerged. Trails are cold. Evidence has been destroyed. Little or nothing will stick in court. Thats if they even see 5 minutes before a judge.

Dups!

When the bruin 'ous are no longer the main 'ous.

But too late. Damage control has been wheelspinning non stop since guptaleaks emerged. Trails are cold. Evidence has been destroyed. Little or nothing will stick in court. Thats if they even see 5 minutes before a judge.
Too true. Perhaps that may be what is behind Ramaphosa's reasoning: Zuma, as the biggest player in the state capture debacle, has enough evidence to bring down the Guptas.

I don't like the thought of Zuma escaping at all, he has caused too much damage and should pay for everything.

krycor

Honorary Master
So no return to law and order?

SA is gonna get worse.. unless there are serious repercussions (he needs to lose everything incl pension) I don’t see the ANC getting away with it ie major vote loss as the oppositions tear them apart.

2ndly if they pushing up vat or even income tax for the perceived wealthy, there will be trouble to come as it would show that everyone has to pay for their blunder.

3WA

Expert Member
Zuma would be a useless witness. Every story would be fabricated to make hmself look good. His testimony would be riddled with errors. He'd have no idea how to quantify the amount of theft that happened.

xeslaro

Expert Member
If there were only two choices. I'd would rather give the Gupta's immunity for testimony of state capture against all politicians involved.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Zuma would be a useless witness. Every story would be fabricated to make hmself look good. His testimony would be riddled with errors. He'd have no idea how to quantify the amount of theft that happened.
I thought he was a shrewd former ANC intellifence official with dirt on everyone?

Chris_the_Brit

Grand Master of the Friendzone
Andrew Donaldson has an amusing take on what might have gone down this past Sunday:

Here was how ANC deputy secretary general and foremost uBaba groupie Jessie Duarte put it, speaking without invitation on our behalf:

“Our most important consideration is that we don’t believe South Africa should wish for us to embarrass the president of the country in any way whatsoever. That has been and is the intention of the opposition.”

Oh, the manic laughter that followed. Even in the ANC they were falling about in hysterics. But it’s what Cyril Ramaphosa has been telling whoever will listen. He’s done so from the get-go.

“What we don’t want to see is the humiliation of a person who’s a head of state,” Squirrel told the Bloomberg news agency at the World Economic Forum.

“What we don’t want to see is him being treated with disrespect, but in the course of all this we’re winning his cooperation in as far as managing this transition.”

Winning cooperation? Managing transition? But seriously, how has that worked out, Mr Deputy President? Zuma’s going nowhere in a hurry — he’s very good at that, isn’t he? — and you have egg on your face.

We can imagine how it all went down.

Will you resign, Comrade President?

“No.”

Please?

“I have done nothing wrong.”

Pretty please?

“No. I am the big cheese. The people still love me.”

Um, pretty, pretty please?

“There are smallnyana skeletons and big ones, too.”

What do you want?

“Well, where do I start…?”*

Immunity for the 783 charges of fraud, corruption and racketeering would likely be high on that list. But alas, such immunity is currently not possible in South African law.

There is nowt that Ramaphosa and the ANC can do to change that. A presidential pardon is possible — but only following a conviction. (And an enormously withering, if entertaining criminal trial.)

Which is possibly why Ramaphosa was able to tell the party’s parliamentary caucus that immunity from prosecution was not part of his “transition” discussions with Zuma.
http://www.politicsweb.co.za/opinion/the-ancs-aarschgnoddle-problem

3WA

Expert Member
I thought he was a shrewd former ANC intellifence official with dirt on everyone?
I mean, he still doesn't concede he did anything wrong in Nkandla. His story re: State Capture would be that Duduzane and Fana Hlongwane started doing these things without his knowledge and other officials fabricated his signature and Jeff Radebe signed off on it and he tried to stop the looting at Eskom but he couldn't because Lynn Brown intimidated him.

thechamp

Honorary Master
I mean, he still doesn't concede he did anything wrong in Nkandla. His story re: State Capture would be that Duduzane and Fana Hlongwane started doing these things without his knowledge and other officials fabricated his signature and Jeff Radebe signed off on it and he tried to stop the looting at Eskom but he couldn't because Lynn Brown intimidated him.
So in short, he was completely unaware of what was happening around him for close to 10 years? That could work...;)

If the screws are being tightened around JZ why are the Guptas still in the country? With all the money stolen I am surprised they have left yet. They must have an exit strategy.