Zuma only changed his mind when his position was threatened: analyst

rwenzori

Honorary Master
Kaya FM's Aubrey Matshiqi on the Nene Debacle

kaya1.jpg

Interesting. ( Off Twitter ).

REAList_1

You can't repair a broken glass.
The real pressure would have come from the Guptas.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Interesting indeed. Besides Myena, I wonder who else supported Zuma's blunder.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Matshiqi is a political analyst from the Helen Suzman Foundation, IIRC.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Apologies - I misread the tweets.

I wish I had been a fly on the wall when Nene "declined".
Would have been a golden moment.

Won't be surprised if the anti-Zuma faction makes its move sooner rather than later...

deweyzeph

Executive Member
It may not feel like it at the moment, but this whole debacle is the best thing that could have happened in the quest to get rid of Zuma. He's weak and the vultures are circling. It's just a matter of time now before the ANC push him out.

Antybubbs

I am not sure how to take this whole thing, on the one hand i am excited at the possible future, but on the other hand i worry that Zuma just uses his power to stay in... The ANC will just go along with it as long as they have their big houses and flashy cars.. or am i wrong?

Cray

Honorary Master
Apologies - I misread the tweets.

I wish I had been a fly on the wall when Nene "declined".
Can only imagine, Zuma slowly realising the extent of how much he screwed things up...

yebocan

Honorary Master
I am not sure how to take this whole thing, on the one hand i am excited at the possible future, but on the other hand i worry that Zuma just uses his power to stay in... The ANC will just go along with it as long as they have their big houses and flashy cars.. or am i wrong?
He has become a liability to all, especially the trough feeders in his own party. His little Nene mess, will one day been seen as the day that JZ decline started.

loftyninja

A wolf is most dangerous when cornered and while he is no economist Zuma is a more than capable political animal who won't go down without a fight. Taper your optimism, this is not going to be easy or pleasant.

yebocan

Honorary Master
A wolf is most dangerous when cornered and while he is no economist Zuma is a more than capable political animal who won't go down without a fight. Taper your optimism, this is not going to be easy or pleasant.
Same was said of the Ou Krokodil...when you political decline starts, the end comes quickly...your loyalist suddenly see you as a liability and dump you like a used condom...must make nice with the new reality/masters....securing, your place at the trough.

CeeBee

Expert Member
he didnt make it better for himself by changing back to Pravin... the storm was about more than just the person change.
JZ has just proven again that he dunno wtf he doing...
but its good, he is making himself more and more rope.... we will be rid of this sod yet.
rumours that he wants to move Faith and Tina too... they also 2 worthless idiots, whatever this fool does, he will make things worse for himself and the anc.
LOL at ANCYL who still dont believe JZ is doing a bad job of leader

kidcolt

Since he is busy fixing his f-up's... maybe he can also bring back Yunus Carrim as Communication Minister. And we might get some transparent progress on the DTT migration.