Zweli Mkhize’s ‘family friend’ and ex-private secretary pocket Covid-19 cash via R82m Department of Health contracts

Excalibur

Executive Member
Digital Vibes, an obscure communications company from KwaZulu-Natal, appointed two close associates of Health Minister Zweli Mkhize as paid consultants after it secured an irregular communications contract from the Department of Health (DoH).

The DoH appointed Digital Vibes in late 2019 through a contentious closed tender to provide communications services for the government’s National Health Insurance (NHI) roll-out.

The scope of work was extended in March 2020 to include communications services for Covid-19.

In a period of just nine months, the firm obtained orders from the DoH for Covid-19 projects valued at more than R82-million.

The same company also clinched a contract from the Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs (Cogta) in 2018, while Mkhize led this department.

Link.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
Looks to me like this has nothing to do with Zweli, why is he even linked to this?
Linked to what even? What is the actual story here exactly? I see lots of insinuations but no actual evidence of any wrong doing, as yet

surface

Honorary Master
Looks to me like this has nothing to do with Zweli, why is he even linked to this?

Linked to what even? What is the actual story here exactly? I see lots of insinuations but no actual evidence of any wrong doing, as yet

Zweli Mkhize’s ‘family friend’ and ex-private secretary getting 82 million rand contract is a huge red flag for me. He may not have benefitted personally (well) but it looks like there is a 'personal' link that calls for investigation?

Isn't this how guptas started? having 'personal' links?

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Read the heading, try and use a bit of common sense.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Zweli Mkhize’s ‘family friend’ and ex-private secretary getting 82 million rand contract is a huge red flag for me. He may not have benefitted personally (well) but it looks like there is a 'personal' link that calls for investigation?

Isn't this how guptas started? having 'personal' links?
By all means investigate the tender if there's something untoward about it but I still don't see why it's a big scandal because it's Zweli's ex secretary, we do understand that they move on with their lives after becoming secretaries of well known people?

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Yep expect this type of thing to be ramped up to hundreds of billions as the NHI rolls out.

State capture is only starting. Zuma was a noob. This lot will take it to the next level.

With NHI and EWC it will increase hundred fold.

Expect more attempts to nationalize the Reserve Bank. More attempts to get money from our pension funds.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
By all means investigate the tender if there's something untoward about it but I still don't see why it's a big scandal because it's Zweli's ex secretary, we do understand that they move on with their lives after becoming secretaries of well known people?
Given that the company got 2 contracts from Cogta and DoH while Mkhize led both departments is suspect in the extreme really, and then the personal assistant/secretary things just adds some severe fuel to that fire.

But, investigate the current DoH award and if there are issues go after all involved, and then investigate the Cogta contract and do the same.. and if there are issues that involve Mkhize deal with that directly... but there is some definite smoke surrounding this in my opinion which needs decent investigation.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Kahle Vrotappel...
I know you are an ANC apologist. This is a close personal friend who is closely connected to his movements through different departments over many years and closely scoring from those connections.

We can connect the dots.