OpenWeb announced on 26 January 2015 that it is offering free mobile data with its premium home uncapped ADSL packages.
According to OpenWeb founder Keoma Wright, this mobile data add-on was designed for its customers who need Internet away from home.
OpenWeb uses MTN’s network for the mobile service, and the SIM automatically supports LTE.
The mobile data is capped to avoid out-of-bundle bill shock. “Once your Mobile Data allocation has been used up, it will disconnect until it resets on the 1st of the following month,” OpenWeb said.
The free mobile data allocation available on the premium OpenWeb ADSL accounts are as follows:
- 2Mbps premium home uncapped ADSL (R399) – 500MB monthly
- 4Mbps premium home uncapped ADSL (R689) – 1GB Monthly
- 10Mbps premium home uncapped ADSL (R979) – 1GB Monthly
- 20Mbps premium home uncapped VDSL (R1,999) – 2GB Monthly
- 40Mbps premium home uncapped VDSL (R2,999) – 4GB Monthly