Openweb has reduced the price of its existing uncapped ADSL accounts, and has introduced new 2Mbps, 6Mbps, and 10Mbps uncapped products.
“Our new Vanilla Uncapped ADSL promotion is here, and it knocks the socks (and attitude) off our competition,” said Openweb founder Keoma Wright.
Bandwidth for Openweb’s “Vanilla Uncapped ADSL” accounts is provided by Internet Solutions, and shaping applies during busy periods. Wright pointed out that there is no throttling on these accounts.
“Shaping is based on how busy the network is at any given time. Generally, after hours (under good network conditions) clients will experience full speeds on all protocols,” said Wright.
The accounts further only allow for 1 concurrent ADSL connection – a feature which is standard for uncapped ADSL products.
Openweb’s promotional uncapped ADSL prices are as follows:
- 1Mbps Vanilla Uncapped – R109 (down from the usual R179)
- 2Mbps Vanilla Uncapped – R249 (new product)
- 4Mbps Vanilla Uncapped – R319 (down from the usual R389)
- 6Mbps Vanilla Uncapped – R519 (new product)
- 10Mbps Vanilla Uncapped – R699 (new product)
Wright said that they only have 250 of the promotional accounts available, and the company requires a debit order to subscribe to the service.