FNB has revealed changes to its banking fees and eBucks rewards programme.
The changes will come into effect on 1 July 2018.
“The key highlights include eWallet eXtra officially becoming the most affordable entry-level bank account with no monthly fees,” said Raj Makanjee, FNB Retail CEO.
The inclusion of the recent 15% VAT fee hike will also be implemented as part of the changes.
Major changes to FNB’s account fees and eBucks structure are highlighted below.
2018/2019 Account pricing
- FNB Easy Pay-as-you-use account – Increases from R5.25 to R5.75 per month.
- FNB Easy Bundle account – Increases from R53 to R58 per month.
- FNBy account – Remains at no monthly fees.
- FNB Gold account – Remains unchanged at R105 per month.
- FNB Premier Bundle account – Increases from R199 to R209.
- FNB Private Clients bundle monthly account – Increases from R365 to R385.
2018/2019 eBucks Rewards
- The amount of points required has been reduced per reward level for Premier, Private Clients, Private Wealth, and RMB Private bank accounts.
- eBucks members can now earn up to R4 back in eBucks on every litre of fuel they buy at Engen petrol stations.
- Fuel earn is now exclusive to Engen – users will no longer earn fuel rewards for fuel purchased at other fuel stations.
- Qualifying FNB Easy Account customers will earn R15 back in airtime across all networks if they spend on their Easy Debit Card at Checkers and Shoprite.
- Gold Account members now earn eBucks on all cheque card purchases.
- FNB Offers has been added to the programme to instantly reward customers for reaching banking milestones.