South African company Pineapple Insurance has been accepted into Google’s Launchpad accelerator.
“Pineapple is the first ever insurance startup accepted into Google’s accelerator. A significant achievement if you consider that there has been $5.6 billion invested in insure-tech in the last three years alone,” said the company.
Pineapple Insurance offers a decentralised insurance service, which allows for the quick insurance of goods.
Google stated that the new companies accepted into Google’s accelerator were selected from over 250 applications.
For the this group, Google extended applications to an additional 11 countries, it added.
11 finalists were then chosen, and will each receive:
- 3 months mentorship and support from Google.
- Cloud and Firebase credits.
- 3 weeks training at Launchpad Accelerator Africa – Lagos and Johannesburg.
- Access to Google engineers, resources, and mentors.
- Inclusion in the Launchpad Accelerator Global Community.