According to Vodacom’s latest deals booklet the mobile operator has reduced its MyMeg 500, MyGig 1, MyGig 2 and MyGig 3 broadband standard contract prices by between R20 and R30 per month.
Vodacom’s new SIM-only promotional contract data prices are as follows.
- MyMeg 500 – R39 per month (down from R69 per month)
- MyGig 1 – R69 per month (down from R89 per month)
- MyGig 2 – R99 per month (down from R139 per month)
- MyGig 3 – R169 per month (down from R189 per month)
This new pricing from Vodacom follows shortly after MTN announced its new mobile data prices, and is exactly the same as MTN’s big data sale rates for 500MB, 1GB and 2GB data packages.
Curiously, Vodacom’s per-MB price for a 2GB data package (4.8c) is lower than the per-MB price for a 3GB package (5.5c).
This may have to do with the fact that Vodacom matched MTN’s promotional prices on its 2GB package, but since MTN has no 3GB promotion Vodacom was not under pressure to slash their 3GB prices by the same percentage.
The following image provides a comparison between Vodacom’s new SIM-only mobile data prices and MTN’s recently launched mobile data promotion.
Vodacom also reduced the price of its data packages which includes a USB modem, but did not match MTN’s prices as shown below. In fact, Vodacom’s new data package prices are exactly the same as MTN’s old prices.
Vodacom also did not reduce the price of its 3GB data package, possibly because there is no competition from MTN on this package.
Vodacom’s new promotional USB dongle and contract data prices are as follows.
- MyMeg 500 – R69 per month (down from R79 per month)
- MyGig 1 – R99 per month (no change)
- MyGig 2 – R139 per month (down from R149 per month)
- MyGig 3 – R199 per month (No change)