DStv Explora customers will receive a new range of improvements that will “enhance their viewing experience on DStv” when the company launches new software for its Explora decoder on 15 September.
“The software will be downloaded automatically to all active DStv Exploras [and] will introduce improvements which will help customers navigate and find content better,” said MultiChoice.
The upgrades include:
DStv Catch Up
- A separate tab for weekly recommendations.
- Additional categories under the different genres arranged by Newest, Last Chance, 1st Episode, and A-Z.
On connected DStv Exploras
- Option to download content in SD or HD.
- Ability to schedule downloads for specific times.
- Ability to switch DStv Catch Up (online catalogue) off.
- A new history screen and a ready-to-watch option.
“The DMX DJ will also get a refresh to ensure song information is loaded quicker.”