A new version of Avengers: Endgame will launch in South African cinemas starting Friday 12 July, offering moviegoers a look at new and deleted scenes.
Reports that a new version of the highly-popular film would re-release with additional footage first surfaced a week ago, with Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige confirming the news.
As of 19 June, Avengers: Endgame had grossed $2.742 billion globally and was closing in on Avatar which holds the box office record of $2.787 billion.
This re-release of Avengers: Endgame may ensure that the movie tops this record to become the highest grossing film of all time.
The updated showing will be available at a number of Ster Kinekor and Nu Metro cinemas across South Africa.
Below is the full list of cinemas which will screen the new version of Avengers: Endgame:
- Nu Metro: Canal Walk, Pavillion, Galleria, Menlyn Park, Clearwater, The Glen.
- Ster-Kinekor: Gateway, Klonnade, Capegate, Parow, Cresta, The Zone @ Rosebank, Irene, Mall of Africa, Sterland, Eastgate.
- Other: Movies @ Emnotweni, Movies @ Monte, Epic Mall @ Reds, Epic Northridge, Century Cinemax Northgate.
New release features
The new footage included in this re-release comprises the following scenes:
- Anthony Russo “Stick Around” scene.
- Stan Lee tribute scene
- Anthony Russo introduction
- Hulk deleted scene
- Spider-Man: Far From Home clip
Spider-Man: Far From Home is set after the events of Avengers: Endgame in the Marvel cinematic universe, and will launch in cinemas on 3 July 2019.
Nu Metro confirmed to MyBroadband that the re-release of Avengers: Endgame would only be screened in 2D.
Below is the official Marvel Studios “Bring Back” poster for the Avengers: Endgame re-release.