Showmax has launched a special offer for several prepaid packages at massive discounts.
The streaming services’ prepaid packages include an annual offer priced at a once-off fee of R475 – which works out to around R39 per month.
A standard Showmax subscription costs R99 per month or R1,188 per year.
This equates to a saving of 60% or R713. A half-year and quarterly option are also available.
The prepaid packages available are:
- 12 months – R475 (normally R1,188 – saving of R713)
- 6 months – R297 (normally R594 – saving of R297)
- 3 months – R199 (normally R297 – saving of R98)
According to the terms and conditions the offer is only available to the following customers:
- Existing Showmax Service customers who never provided a payment instrument to their Showmax Service Account and who will add a payment instrument within the Promo Period and pay for Showmax Service under the conditions of Showmax Special Offer.
- Former Showmax Service customers who left the service recently.
- Former DStv Customers who never signed up to the Showmax Service before.
To see if you are eligible to take up the offer, click here.
The promotion is valid from 21 February to 31 March.
South Africans spending millions on streaming
FNB revealed earlier this week that its customers spent over R500 million on subscriptions and gift cards for Showmax, Netflix and Spotify in the last 12 months.
The bank said that it has seen consistent month-on-month increases in the number of customers using these services.
FNB Consumer chief executive Christoph Niewoudt said that access to affordable data and smart technologies are significant contributing factors to these increases in streaming service adoption.
Below is a screenshot of the offer on Showmax’s website.