Blue Label Telecoms, a major shareholder in Cell C, has released financial results for the mobile operator.
The financial results presentation is part of an investor roadshow programme Blue Label will hold for Cell C from 2-10 November.
The latest results look at H1 2017 for Cell C, and include the following information:
- Service revenue – R6.32 billion
- Non-service revenue – R1.38 billion
- EBITDA – R1.61 billion
- Net loss – R588 million
The results also provided insight into Cell C’s subscriber numbers and the revenue generated by users:
- Active subscribers – 15.7 million
- Data revenue – R2.60 billion
- Smartphones on the network – 8.1 million
- ARPU – R75
- Data usage per subscriber per month – 72% growth
The company said Cell C has also embarked on a capital expenditure strategy to deliver better services, but spending slowed in H1 2017 due to its delayed recapitalisation.
- Operating expenditure – R2.47 billion
- Capital expenditure – R561 million