Uber and Kalahari announced that they have partnered to offer a service which brings Christmas shopping directly to Capetonians.
Called UberSleigh, Uber users in Cape Town will be able to request a van full of Kalahari’s best-selling products.
The service will be available from 18 to 24 December, between 10:00 and 16:00 daily.
Three vans will roam the streets of Cape Town with goods divided into four sections: For Him, For Her, For the Kids (girl, boy, and both) and Generic (gender neutral).
All items will be under R1,000.
All payments will be handled through the Uber app, and you will receive a payment receipt via e-mail.
Products will vary based on stock when the truck is packed each morning, but Kalahari promised that it will stick to these categories and will ensure to always include the top-selling products.
The three vans will be kitted out with a Christmas design, so users can be assured they will see them coming. The drivers will be dressed like Father Christmas, and Kalahari said that there will be some “helpful Elves” to assist you with purchasing your items.
Karl Ahari, TV presenter Kia Johnson, and comedians, Paul Snodgrass and Colin Moss, will also be in the vans.
If for whatever reason you don’t find anything you like, Kalahari promised there will be a Secret Santa pack. “So you still walk away feeling the Christmas spirit,” Kalahari said.
How it works:
- New users must sign up for Uber using the new user code UberSleighSA.
- Open the Uber app between 10am and 4pm from Thursday 18 December – Wednesday 24 December to order your UberSleigh.
- You will see an icon called UberSleigh (only in Cape Town).
- Toggle over the UberSleigh option.
- Simply request a car like you normally do, and an UberSleigh will be on its way to you with the top-selling products from Kalahari.
Kalahari and Uber predict that demand for this promotion will be high, and asked that those interested please be patient if the UberSleigh did not arrive right away.