Amazon founder Jeff Bezos recently added $1.5 billion to his wealth, which means he is now the second richest person in the world.
The Bloomberg Billionaires Index shows that Bezos has a total net worth of $75.6 billion, ahead of Warren Buffett on $74.9 billion, and Amancio Ortega on $74.2 billion.
This is partly due to Amazon’s share price showing strong growth following the company’s announcement it was buying the Dubai-based online retailer Souq.com.
The Bloomberg Billionaires Index is littered with technology entrepreneurs, including Bill Gates, Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, and Oracle founder Larry Ellison.
The top 10 billionaires on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index are:
- Bill Gates – $86.0 billion
- Jeff Bezos – $75.6 billion
- Warren Buffett – $74.9 billion
- Amancio Ortega – $74.2 billion
- Mark Zuckerberg – $61.4 billion
- Carlos Slim – $58.1 billion
- Charles Koch – $47.9 billion
- David Koch – $47.9 billion
- Larry Ellison – $47.0 billion
- Bernard Arnault – $43.5 billion