Makro has been preparing for Black Friday 2018 for nine months already, and will take many measures to ensure a great experience for customers.
This is according to a report on BusinessTech, which said South Africans can expect items like high-tech products and appliances at big discounts from Makro on Black Friday 2018.
To cope with the increased number of shoppers on 23 November 2018, Makro will be rolling out a new mobile pay-point system in its stores.
This addition will assist consumers to pay for purchases while standing in the queue, the company explained.
“To better service our customers over Black Friday, we have increased the number of staff and security at all our stores,” Makro said.
The company added that deliveries for both online and in-store purchases over Black Friday will cost R70, regardless of the radius.
Online drive-thru service
One of the biggest innovations from Makro for Black Friday is an online drive-thru service at its Riversands store, enabling customers to collect their online purchases.
The company explained how the online service will work:
- The customer must select the click and collect transaction online.
- When the customer arrives at Riversands, there will be signs directing them to the drive-thru.
- The customer will communicate with a Makro staff member through an intercom.
- Before the items are granted, the customer must provide either their ID number, customer number, or order number in order to receive their purchased items.
- After the customer has received their belongings, they will be required to sign on a mobile device and give a star rating before departing.
This is the first time Makro will be offering this service to its customers.