Makro customers have taken to Facebook, Hellopeter, and MyBroadband to complain about extended online order delays in recent weeks.
According to the feedback, many users have been waiting since late November for their orders to be delivered – including items ordered over Black Friday.
Two Makro customers who contacted MyBroadband said they had been waiting for their deliveries since 27 and 29 November, respectively.
As of 19 December, both users stated that their orders had not been delivered – and that Makro was not responding to questions on where their orders were.
Facebook and Hellopeter
Complaints on these platforms are quoted below:
- A whole 3 weeks without delivering. Yet your online tracking says delivered.
- I placed an order online to the value of R2,000 on the 29th of November. Whilst [I] fully appreciate that this was during the Black Friday rush, I think that failure to deliver my order by the 20th of December is unacceptable. I keep getting told that the product I have ordered is in stock, but they can’t find my order.
- Waiting for delivery for 3 weeks. Customer care line is uncontactable. Online purchase system faulty. No tracking details. Courier not coping.
- We are still waiting after 20 days for delivery.
- I placed an order online on the 27th of November and I have not received my order yet. Every time I phone, no one helps me at all.
Makro has experienced delivery difficulties over Black Friday in the past, and in 2018 similar order delays were experienced.
In February 2019, Makro acknowledged that there had been challenges relating to the fulfillment of online orders through its ecommerce store – but promised that service delivery would improve.
Makro provides delivery deadline
Makro told MyBroadband that is has been experiencing delays in its delivery process and would like to apologise to customers.
The late delivery of orders is due to the high demand for products online over the Black5Day period, and challenges faced by courier partners, said Makro.
“The delays were exacerbated by the load-shedding and heavy rainfall experienced in the country,” added the company.
“At Makro we pride ourselves in providing the best service to our customers and are working around the clock to ensure that all festive online purchases will be delivered by Tuesday, 24 December 2019.”
“We thank everyone for their patience and support.”