BlackBerry Mobile Fusion will provide the following mobile device management capabilities for all supported mobile devices:
- Asset management
- Configuration management
- Security and policy definition and management
- Secure and protect lost or stolen devices (remote lock, wipe)
- User- and group-based administration
- Multiple device per user capable
- Application and software management
- Connectivity management (Wi-Fi, VPN, certificate)
- Centralised console
- High scalability
According to RIM, BlackBerry Mobile Fusion is currently in early beta testing with select enterprise customers, but added that it is accepting customer nominations for the closed beta program which will start in January.
General availability is expected in late March.