FNB is set to launch its own mobile operator under its FNB Connect brand, which will offer subscribers great value for money through its eBucks rewards programme.
[Also see: FNB Connection mobile pricing – all the details]
According to the eBucks website, FNB clients will earn up to 40% back in eBucks on their qualifying FNB Connect contract or when they load FNB Connect prepaid airtime from 1 July 2015.
FNB clients will also get R15 back in prepaid airtime for every R100 they spend on FNB Connect prepaid airtime.
Many people reported they have received FNB Connect SIM cards, adding that the service will become available on 15 June 2015.
Information received by MyBroadband about the new FNB mobile service suggests it will use the Cell C network. This was not confirmed by FNB.
The FNB Connect helpdesk said they are waiting for the final details of the offering, but the service will be available from 1 July.
FNB was asked for comment regarding its mobile service, but the company did not respond by the time of publication.
What FNB will offer
According to information received by MyBroadband, FNB will offer Prepaid, Top Up, Contract, and Flexi packages.
The information sent to early adopters regarding these packages is as follows:
- 50MB free data every month to surf the net, use WhatsApp, BBM, and more.
Top Up contracts
- Connect Top Up 30 – 30 Min | 30 MB | 30 SMS – R30 x 24 month
- Connect Top Up 50 – 50 Min | 50 MB | 50 SMS – R50 x 24 months
- Connect Top Up 100 – 100 Min | 100 MB | 100 SMS – R100 x 24 months
- Connect 200 – 200 Min | 200 MB | 200 SMS – R200 x 24 months
- Connect 500 – 500 Min | 500 MB | 500 SMS – R500 x 24 months
- Connect 1000 – 1000 Min | 1000 MB | 1000 SMS – R1000 x 24 months
Using the Flexi option, users will be able to create their own package by choosing from voice, data, and SMS bundles.
It is understood that if users do not want any of the 3 options, they do not have to pay for it. Users are therefore not forced to take the lowest option.
|FNB Connect bundles|
|Voice bundles||Flexi Data||Flexi SMS|
|Voice bundles are not available to pre-paid subscribers. SMS and data bundles are available to all plans.|
Note: Information on the service comes from unofficial sources, and it may change before launch.