Tariffic has released its Q4 2015 Perfect Package Tracker, detailing the best network to be on when travelling overseas.
“Tariffic has devoted its latest edition of the Perfect Package Tracker for 2015 to the various rates you pay, on your South African SIM card, as you travel abroad,” said the company.
It gave examples using “Tsepho, Susanne, Chris, and Howard”, who are travelling to different countries and will use various aspects of their South African mobile service – as detailed in the graphic below.
Tariffic found that when travelling overseas and using your local network provider:
- Best network for travels to the United States – MTN
- Best network for travels to England – MTN
- Best network for travels to Mauritius – MTN
- Best network for travels to Thailand – Vodacom
- Overall best network for overseas travels – MTN
- Cheapest international calling from South Africa – Cell C
- Best roaming rates (calling, SMS, data) – Vodacom and MTN
- Best network for receiving calls from SA while traveling – MTN
Perfect package for travelling overseas
The infographic below details the call rates, mobile data, and SMS prices of local mobile operators when using their services in The States, United Kingdom, Mauritius, and Thailand.