The BlackBerry Z10 will be available at stores on the following MTN packages:
- MTN Anytime 200 for R399 over 24 months (includes R200 airtime value and 250MB)
- MTN Anytime 350 for R499 over 24 months (includes R350 airtime value and 250MB)
- MTN Anytime 500 for R549 over 24 months (includes R500 airtime value and 300MB)
- MTN Anytime 750 for R879 over 24 months (includes R750 airtime value and 300MB)
- MTN Anytime 1200 for R1299 over 24 months (includes R1200 airtime value and 300MB)
- MTN Anytime 1500 for R1599 over 24 months (includes R1500 airtime value and 300MB)
No BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) on BlackBerry Z10 contracts
MTN stated that one change to note for customers buying a device operating the BlackBerry 10 OS, is that it does not offer the Blackberry BIS service. MTN said that customers will have to use a data bundle in order to use the phone as a regular smartphone.
Existing BlackBerry customers will continue to be able to utilise BlackBerry BIS services, said MTN.
“The great news is that MTN has vastly reduced its Internet bundle rates and data price plans for our customers,” said Mike Fairon, GM: Product & Solutions at MTN SA. “We have reduced our data prices by as much as 40%. Therefore, our BlackBerry Z10 customers will continue to enjoy BBM, E-mail, Internet browsing, social network and other BlackBerry services at the most affordable Internet rates on a world-class MTN network.”