Vodacom officially unveiled its new Smart plans today, confirming information from industry sources that the network would launch a contract with unlimited voice minutes.
The contract is to be called “Vodacom Red VIP” and will include 1,500MB of data per month and unlimited SMSes for a monthly price of R1,999.
Vodacom confirmed 6 other Smart plans as well.
These new smartphone packages follow the naming convention of Smart S, M, L, and XL for the lower tier, while the upper tier will include packages called “Red Advantage”, “Red Premium”, and “Red VIP”.
Voice calls are billed per second and the out-of-bundle data rate is R1/MB.
The table below summarises the details of Vodacom’s new Smart plans:
|Vodacom Smart package||Minutes||SMS||Data (MB)||Price|
Some of the added value associated with Vodacom’s smart plans
- Data sharing: Customers receive two additional SIM cards that share the same data bundle. Customers can use these SIM cards with two additional devices such as a smartphone and a tablet or for use by another family member.
- Device buy-back: Vodacom will buy back the customer’s old device and get a price reduction on their new contract.
- Vodacom financing: Flexible device financing options to help customers buy the devices they want.
- Free applications that will ensure that customer information and content are safe at all times. These include:
- Vodafone Protect: An application which provides customers with the ability to locate a misplaced or stolen phone. Customers can also lock the handset and protect their private information remotely.
- Vodafone Guardian: An application that helps parents to protect their children from accessing inappropriate content.
- Perfect Start: Internet, email, social networks and Vodacom applications are set up whilst the customer is in store to enhance the customer’s smartphone experience.
- Smart crew and Red crew: Provide expert support that will be available 24/7 to assist customers with their technical and smartphone requirements.
- My Vodacom App: assists customers to manage their service usage. This provides an easy way to monitor data usage and purchase additional bundles when needed.
- Plan check: To help ensure that customers are on the right plan, Vodacom will proactively recommend the most appropriate option to suit their needs.
- A Cloud storage application will be launched soon for customers to store personal files, photos and videos with 5 Gigs free storage.
- Customers will receive double data in the first two months.