Cell C is getting ready to launch its new fibre-to-the-home service, called C-Fibre, and is giving 100 MyBroadband readers the opportunity to trial the service free of charge.
“We would like to tap into the collective skills of the technology community during our pilot phase to ensure that we offer the best quality and value when we launch a commercial FTTH service,” said Cell C.
“That is why we would like to invite 100 MyBroadband readers residing in selected areas in Gauteng to be part of our pilot FTTH programme.”
Cell C is working with with Vumatel on the project, and to be part of the trial you need to live in one of these Vumatel-supported areas:
- Parktown North
Users who are selected to be part of the trial will be offered the following:
- A free fibre-to-the-home connection.
- A free Wi-Fi enabled router with LTE mobile data back-up capability.
- Free installation and personalised device set-up.
- Free uncapped and unshaped data with no usage limits, and no restriction on speeds until the end of May 2016.
- A free fibre line with 20Mbps download and 20Mbps upload speeds.
Cell C will ask trial users for feedback and suggestions to help it improve its FTTH service.
How to apply for the service
To apply for Cell C’s fibre-to-the-home trial, please complete Cell C’s fibre-to-the-home trial application.