Apple has revealed a new version of its iPad Pro, which features a 9.7″ display.
The iPad Pro 9.7″ has the same type of display as its big brother, offering lower reflectivity, better brightness, and greater colour saturation than the iPad Air 2.
It also comes with True Tone technology, which Apple said lets it measure the ambient light and adjust the colours on the display so that white appears “paper white”.
As with the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, the smaller model will have more RAM than the iPad Air 2 and the faster A9X processor.
Apple also announced an upgrade to the iPad Pro’s cameras, with a 12MP sensor in the rear iSight camera and a 5MP FaceTime camera in front.
It also has four speakers, stylus support, and a connector on the side that lets you attach a keyboard case.
The iPad Pro 9.7″ will be available in 32GB, 128GB, and 256GB models, and will be priced as follows:
- iPad Pro 9.7″ 32GB Wi-Fi: $599
- iPad Pro 9.7″ 128GB Wi-Fi: $749
- iPad Pro 9.7″ 256GB Wi-Fi: $899
- iPad Pro 9.7″ 32GB Wi-Fi + Cellular: $729
- iPad Pro 9.7″ 128GB Wi-Fi + Cellular: $879
- iPad Pro 9.7″ 256GB Wi-Fi + Cellular: $1,029
Apple also announced it has added 256GB models to its existing 12.9″ iPad Pro range.
The prices of the new models are as follows:
- iPad Pro 12.9″ 256GB Wi-Fi: $1,099
- iPad Pro 12.9″ 256GB Wi-Fi + Cellular: $1,229
Orders for the new iPad Pro open on 24 March, and it will be available from 31 March.
iPad Pro 9.7″
|Dimensions||240 x 169.5 x 6.1 mm|
|Operating system||iOS 9.3|
|Display||9.7″ Retina (2,048 x 1,536)|
|Rear camera||12MP iSight|