Canon has unveiled the EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR camera, sporting a 30.4MP 35mm full-frame CMOS sensor.
The CMOS sensor offers high image quality, while the DIGIC 6+ Image Processor delivers 4K 30P video.
The camera also features Canon’s Dual Pixel CMOS AF to help ensure sharp focus and subject tracking.
“We add to the Canon EOS 5D series family the EOS 5D Mark IV – the first in our 5D series to offer 4K video and built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity,” said Canon’s Yuichi Ishizuka.
The Mark IV will be available in September 2016, selling for $3,499 (body only).
EOS 5D Mark IV specifications
- 30.4MP full-frame CMOS sensor, ISO range 100–32,000; expandable up to 50–102,400.
- 4K Motion JPEG video at 30p or 24p; in-camera still frame grab of 4K 8.8MP images; video options include Full HD up to 60p, and HD up to 120p.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF; LCD touchscreen.
- 7fps continuous shooting speed with DIGIC 6+ Image Processor.
- 61 AF points with expanded vertical coverage with 41 cross-points.
- 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor.
- Dual Pixel RAW, in-camera Digital Lens Optimizer during JPEG shooting.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC2 connectivity.
- Built-in GPS3.