Sony has announced that the Xperia Ear is now available in South Africa, on sale through Takealot.com.
The Xperia Ear will sell for a recommended retail price of R2,499.
The Ear is an in-ear personal assistant, which Sony said will help users “communicate and get things done via conversational voice interaction and simple head gestures”.
“It provides useful information such as your schedule, weather, and the latest news to keep you up-to-date on the go,” said Sony.
Xperia Ear responds to verbal commands, letting users make a call, perform an Internet search, dictate a message, or navigate to a location through a command.
The Ear also reads incoming texts and WhatsApp or Facebook messages, and lets you initiate a spoken response with a nod.
The Xperia Ear’s specifications are:
- Weight – Core unit 6.8g / Charging case 39g.
- Dimensions – Core unit 15.2 x 29.3 x 24.3 mm / Charging case 29 x 41 x 60 mm.
- Protection – IPX2 Water Protection.
- Languages – English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese.
- Compatibility – Android 4.4 and up.
- Battery – Core unit 65mAh, Charging case 300mAh.
- Connectivity – Bluetooth 4.1, NFC.
- Talk time – 4 hours.
- Standby time – 80 hours.