Sony said it is developing the next generation of its CineAlta 36x24mm full-frame motion picture camera system.
The “technology highlights and key benefits” of the new camera will include:
- Full-frame 36x24mm sensor.
- Aspect ratio-agnostic, including Full Frame, Super35 4K 4-perf 4:3 Anamorphic, and 4K spherical 3-perf 17:9.
- New image sensor enabling exceptional picture quality.
- Maintains the workflow established with Sony’s 16bit RAW/X-OCN and XAVC.
- Compatible with current and upcoming hardware accessories for CineAlta cameras.
“CineAlta raised the standard of motion picture production with cutting-edge digital imaging technology, greatly contributing to 3D, 4K, and HDR, and will continue to innovate in the future,” said Sony.