Qualcomm has unveiled the new Qualcomm Low Power Bluetooth SoC QCC5100 series for wireless earbuds and headsets.
The new solution will reduce power consumption by up to 65% for voice calls and music streaming, compared to previous Bluetooth audio solutions.
The architecture includes a Bluetooth 5 dual-mode radio, low-power audio, and application subsystems.
“Without sacrificing our superior sound quality, we can now help to pack tremendous functionality into small, wireless devices,” said Qualcomm.
The SoC QCC5100 series’ technical highlights also include:
- Dual-core 32-bit processor application subsystem.
- Dual-core Qualcomm Kalimba DSP Audio subsystem.
- Support for aptX and aptX HD, Qualcomm TrueWireless Stereo, and Enhanced ANC.
- Voice Assistant Services, low power wake word detection.
- Bluetooth 5.0 and 2Mbps Bluetooth Low Energy support.
- Embedded ROM + RAM and support for external Flash memory.
- 2-ch 98dBA headset class D.
- 2-ch 99dBA line inputs.
- 192kHz 24-bit I2S and SPDIF interfaces.
A number of designs based on QCC5100 are planned for the first half of 2018.