The Raspberry Pi Foundation has unveiled the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+.
The device is on sale for $35, and features a 200MHz increase in peak CPU clock frequency, three times the wired and wireless network throughput, and higher performance compared to its predecessor.
“The new product is built around BCM2837B0, an updated version of the 64-bit Broadcom application processor used in Raspberry Pi 3B,” it said.
The board also incorporates power integrity optimisations, a heat spreader, and dual-band wireless LAN and Bluetooth.
The headline specs of the Model B+ are:
- 1.4GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU.
- Dual-band 802.11ac wireless LAN.
- Bluetooth 4.2.
- Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0.
- Power-over-Ethernet support.
- Improved PXE network and USB mass-storage booting.
- Improved thermal management.