Brady Gunderson, Director of Product Management at Netflix, has revealed the company’s recommendations for TVs in 2018.
“From surveying our members, we know that people buying a smart TV care most about price, picture quality, screen size, and ease of use,” said Gunderson.
“While some of this is easy to research, it’s hard to know about things like device performance and ease of use. So, we want to shine a light on these important aspects.”
He said that when you see a “Netflix Recommended TV” logo, it means the device has passed tests to ensure it provides great performance and easy access to Netflix.
This includes the following requirements:
- Starts up instantly and gets to Netflix within a few seconds.
- Allows users to move quickly and easily between apps.
- Comes with the latest version of Netflix.
- Can support newer, more immersive Netflix browsing experiences.
All the models designated also include a Netflix button on their remote control.
The first wave of 2018 Netflix Recommended TVs are:
- LG 4K UHD TVs with webOS 4.0.
- Sony W800F/WF800 series Android TVs.