The device is to feature a 4.7-inch WXGA (768×1280) IPS display, quad-core Qualcomm, Snapdragon S4 Pro, 2GB RAM, LTE support, and will run on Android 4.0 “Ice Cream Sandwich”.
When the Korean electronics maker first unveiled the device, it announced a number of software features not found in stock Android OSs.
This includes the QSlide Function, which shows two different screens simultaneously on one display. According to LG it won’t just show part of the screen, but the entire screen of both open apps.
The LG Optimus G will also feature Screen Zooming, which lets users zoom in and out of lists in the music player, email, text messages and photo gallery. It also offers the ability to change the font size and screen layout.
Other features include:
- Dual Screen Dual Play: mirror or display different content on the TV and smartphone screen wirelessly.
- QuickMemo: write, draw, or jot a memo with your finger directly on the captured screen. This can also be used as an overlay feature – like jotting down a number then dialling it while the number is on the top layer.
- Application Link: launches preset applications when the alarm is turned off.
- Icon Personaliser: lets users customise icons by editing size and adding images.
The device also boasts an 8-megapixel camera with the following added features:
- Smart Shutter: senses camera vibration or the movement of the subject and adjusts the shutter speed for the best shot.
- Time Catch Shot: lets the user choose the best image among various shots taken.
- Cheese Shutter: takes photos using voice activation by saying commands such as cheese, kimchi, smile or LG.
- Low Light Shot Noise Reduction: employs a light monitoring system and activates when the camera is used in a low-light situation for the least amount of noise.
The key specifications according to LG are as follows:
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with 1.5GHz Quad-Core Krait CPUs and LTE
- Operating System: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Network: 2G / 3G / LTE
- Display: 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS+ (1280 x 768 pixels) / 15:9 ratio
- Memory: 32GB
- RAM: 2GB DDR
- Camera: 8.0MP rear / 1.3MP front
- Battery: 2,100mAh (570Wh/L) / Talk time: 15 hours / Standby: 335 hours
- Size: 131.9 x 68.9 x 8.45mm
- Weight: 145g
- Other: Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, USB2.0 HS, A-GPS, MHL and DLNA, NFC