The newly announced Nokia Lumia 620 will be coming to South Africa in the first quarter of 2013, a Nokia South Africa spokesperson recently told MyBroadband.
Nokia announced the low-cost Windows Phone 8 smartphone on Wednesday (5 December 2012), saying that it adds a more youthful appeal to its range of devices by taking advantage of a new “dual-shot” technique.
The Finnish phone maker explained Dual Shot as follows:
Dual Shot involves casting two layers of polycarbonate, a single base layer and a second colour, in a transparent or translucent layer, to produce depth effects and secondary colour blends.
Nokia also announced the following specifications for the device:
- Display: 3.8” TFT WVGA 800×480, ClearBlack
- Memory: 512MB RAM
- Storage: 8GB internal, Micro SD support up to 64GB
- Cameras: 5Mpix autofocus, LED flash; Video capture: HD [email protected]; VGA front camera
- Size & weight: 115.4 x 61.1 x 11.02 mm; 127g (including battery)
- Connectivity: NFC, WLAN 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4GHz + 5GHz, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS/A-GPS, Glonass, micro-USB, 3.5mm audio connector (AHJ + WP Controls)
- Processor: 1 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4
- Networks: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100; GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
- Battery: 1300mAh
Excluding any local taxes or operator subsidies, Nokia said that the Lumia 620 will cost around $249 USD and will launch during Q1 2013.