Niantic Labs has released a new version of Pokémon Go.
The game’s version number on Android is now 0.31.0, with another minor update pushed out within hours of the new version going live.
According to APK Mirror, “Niantic issued an updated build shortly after the first one, probably with quick bug fixes.”
The removal of the footprints indicator underneath nearby Pokemon was one of the changes introduced.
Players criticised the change, saying that instead of fixing the bug that caused the icon to be stuck at three footprints, Niantic removed it.
Some have requested refunds on their in-app purchases following the change, according to reports, and have been receiving them.
The version 0.31.0 update also included the following changes:
- Avatars may be customised from the Trainer profile screen
- Battle move damage values for some Pokémon were adjusted
- Certain Gym animations were refined
- Improved memory issues
- Modified battle damage calculation
- Various bug fixes during wild Pokémon encounter
- Updated Pokémon details screen
- Updated achievement medal images
- Fixed issues with displaying certain map features
- Minor text fixes