The update fixes many issues with the game, including overhauling the “Nearby” system.
The company is reportedly testing two variations of the tracker.
Most players should see a new menu called “Sightings”, which provides a ranking of the Pokémon nearest to you.
Niantic is also testing a variation of the tracker that shows you which Pokéstops and gyms a Pokémon is nearest, Kotaku reported.
Other changes include:
- Improvements to the accuracy of a curveball throw
- “Nice”, “Great”, and “Excellent” Poké Ball throws awarded the appropriate XP bonuses.
- Fixed achievements showing incorrect Medal icons.
- Trainers can change their nickname one time.
- Resolved issues with battery saver mode on iOS, re-enabled the feature.
- Added visuals of Team Leaders Candela, Blanche, and Spark.