The PlayStation 4’s latest system update has been released, bringing high dynamic range (HDR) gaming to all PS4 users.
The update – 4.00 – will allow all PlayStation 4 consoles to support HDR, which promises “reproduction of brightness and darkness while realising a much wider range of colours”.
“Users who own an HDR-compatible TV will be able to enjoy supported games and other entertainment content with visuals that are more realistic,” said Sony.
Other new features coming with update 4.00 include:
- Refreshed UI: improvements to the PS4’s user interface.
- Quick Menu: redesigned to cover only a portion of the screen.
- Folders and Library: custom folders which can hold selected content.
- Content Info Screen: redesigned to show more.
- Profile: updated to provide more relevant information and comparisons.
- Data transfer: transfer data between PS4s over wired LAN connection.
- Sharing: videos to Twitter go up to 140 seconds, improved messaging app for PSN.