EA Sports predicts that France will beat Germany 4-3 on penalties in the final of the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
The prediction is based on a simulation of the tournament using FIFA 18 and new ratings from the 2018 FIFA World Cup update.
According to EA Sports, France’s Antoine Griezmann and Spain’s Isco will share the Golden Boot award with five goals each.
The simulation predicts that Griezmann will be named the best player of the tournament, and Spain goalkeeper David De Gea will win the Golden Glove Award.
Here are the standout predictions from the simulation.
- Russia beat Egypt in Group A to come in second, behind Uruguay.
- Argentina come in second in Group D after losing to Croatia.
Round of 16
- Brazil beat Sweden 4-0.
- Uruguay beat Portugal 2-1.
- France beat Argentina 1-0.
- Colombia beat England 5-4 in a penalty shootout.
- Spain beat Russia 3-1.
- Croatia beat Denmark 2-1.
- Germany beat Costa Rica 2-0.
- Belgium beat Poland 2-0.
- Belgium beat Brazil 2-0.
- France beat Uruguay 2-0.
- Germany beat Colombia 2-0.
- Spain beat Croatia 1-0.
- Germany beat Spain 1-0.
- France beat Belgium 2-1.
- France beat Germany 4-3 on penalties, after finishing 1-1.