Steam has announced the winners of its annual Steam Awards, with PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) winning the title of 2018 game of the year.
The battle royale game beat competition such as Hitman 2 and Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey for the title.
The 2018 best developer award went to CD Projekt Red, creator of the The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
The Witcher 3 provided CD Projekt Red with another award – the 2018 Best Environment award.
The Labor of Love award, which goes to the game that has been maintained to retain popularity throughout the years, went to Grand Theft Auto V – which beat the likes of Dota 2 and No Man’s Sky.
The full list of winners is below.
- Game of the Year – PUBG
- VR Game of the Year – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
- Labor of Love – Grand Theft Auto V
- Best Developer – CD Projekt Red
- Best Environment – The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Better with Friends – Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
- Best Alternative History – Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey
- Most Fun with a Machine – Rocket League