Valve has released a dedicated Steam Chat mobile application for Android and iOS.
The company launched its Steam Chat application for desktop users last year, and the mobile version of this application includes similar features.
Steam Chat for Android and iOS includes the following functionality:
- Friends List – See who’s in game or online at a glance.
- Rich Chat – Support for higher fidelity links, videos, tweets, GIFs, Giphy, Steam emoticons, and more.
- Invite Links – Add new friends on Steam with a link. Generate an invite link you can text or email.
- Customizable Notifications – You can customize your notifications per friend, group chat, and chat channel.
- Group Chats – Groups make it easier to do things like stay in touch with your communities and organize games with your friends.
Valve said that it is already working on new features for the Steam Chat app, including voice chat implementation.
“With Steam Chat moving to its own dedicated app, the original Steam Mobile app will see significant upgrades focused on account security,” the company added.
“Our plans include better Steam Guard options to help securely log into your Steam account, such as QR codes and one-touch login, and improved app navigation.”