The DA has listed luxury vehicles assigned to ministers as part of its report on R1.29 billion in “wasteful expenditure buried in the Adjustments Appropriation Bill”.
The DA said the Standing Committee on Appropriations will decide how to deal with the “wasteful expenditure” in parliament today.
“We hope ANC members of the Standing Committee on Appropriations will do the right thing and vote to oppose the R1.29 billion in wasteful expenditure,” said the DA.
The amount includes the following new luxury cars for government ministers:
- 2 Toyota Fortuners – for the Minister of Trade and Industry Rob Davies.
- 2 BMW 5 Series sedans – for the Minister of Arts and Culture Nathi Mthethwa.
- BMW X5 – for the Minister of Communications Faith Muthambi.
- Ford Everest – for the Minister of Public Service and Administration Ngoako Ramatlhodi.
- Audi Q7 3.0TDI – for the Deputy-Minister in the Presidency for Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Buti Manamela.
- Audi A8 and Audi A7 – for the Deputy-Minister of Public Service and Administration Ayanda Dlodlo.