Pule spokesman fighting for DoC job: report

Wisani Ngobeni, who was brought in by former Minister of Communications, Dina Pule, to deal with the negative press she was receiving, won an urgent bid to get his job back at the Department of Communications (DoC).

This is according to a report in the Sunday Times, which also said Ngobeni was told he was no longer needed to deal with the media fall-out around Pule.

The Sunday Times reported that Ngobeni got an order from the Johannesburg Labour Court on Friday, 22 November 2013. The order let him return to his job as the DoC’s chief director of marketing and communications, pending settlement negotiations with the department.

Ngobeni reportedly approached the court last week to stop current Minister of Communications, Yunus Carrim, from transferring him back to the office of Ace Magashule, Premier of the Free State.

According to the Sunday Times, Ngobeni’s position at the DoC earned him close to R1-million per annum.

Ngobeni and the DoC agreed to continue negotiating a settlement for another two weeks, the newspaper reported.

During this time, Ngobeni will return to his job.

DoC spokesman robbed, alleges intimidation tactics

Department of Communications in disarray?

Press Council of SA cannot probe Sunday Times

Latest news

Partner Content

Show comments

Recommended

Share this article
Pule spokesman fighting for DoC job: report