Intel has launched its first Skull Canyon NUC mini-PC, the NUC6i7KYK.
It features an Intel Core i7 6th-gen CPU, Thunderbolt 3, DDR4 RAM support, and SSD slots with SATA 3 support – all in a 21cm case.
Iris Pro graphics 580 will take care of visuals, while HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.2 are supported.
The suggested retail price is $650, with Intel stating that a build including 16GB of RAM, a 256GB SSD, and Windows 10 will cost around $999.
- Intel Core i7-6770HQ CPU
- Intel Iris Pro graphics 580
- Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) with USB 3.1 and DP1.2 over USB-C
- Support for DDR4 memory, up to 32GB at 2133+ MHz
- Support for dual M.2 slots for SATA3/PCIe x4 Gen 3 NVMe/AHCI SSDs
- HDMI 2.0 port and Mini DisplayPort version 1.2 supporting 8-channel audio (7.1 surround sound)
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 Wi-Fi (802.11 ac) and Bluetooth 4.2
- SD card slot (up to 512GB)
- Four USB 3.0 ports
- Headphone/Microphone jack
- Intel Gigabit LAN
- Infrared sensor
- Dimension: 216 x 116 x 23 mm