Seagate has launched the world’s largest-capacity mobile drive available on the market, the Backup Plus Portable 5TB.
The hard drive is possible thanks to “Seagate’s new BarraCuda internal drive, featuring its breakthrough 2.5-inch 1TB platter technology”.
The Backup Plus 5TB drive will be the first device to ship with the new BarraCuda drive and offers:
- Unparalleled capacity for its size.
- Customisable backup options with Seagate Dashboard software.
- PC and Mac compatible, by installing the NTFS driver for Mac.
- Quick file transfers with USB 3.0 connectivity.
- 20.5mm form factor with aluminum cover.
The Seagate Backup Plus Portable 5TB drive will be available in the US before the end of November for $189.99.
Colour options include black, silver, red, and blue.