If your business still relies on copper for its connectivity, it may be time to move to high-speed fibre.
Businesses need a robust and reliable communications network, and constant connectivity is essential.
To serve these needs, Telkom has introduced fibre-to-the-business (FTTB) for companies of all sizes in all sectors.
Fibre offers much higher speeds than copper-based ADSL and VDSL, which is needed to support intelligent offices, factories of the future, and the Internet of Things.
Here are 8 reasons why you should choose fibre-to-the-business:
- Telkom fibre boasts Internet speeds of up to 100Mbps.
- Operating costs can be brought down because fibre is lower-maintenance, less demanding on electricity, and more reliable than copper.
- Fibre has lower latency, meaning no noticeable information exchange delays, particularly useful in communication technologies.
- Communications are clearer and more reliable because fibre networks are not affected by electrical interference.
- Unlike copper, fibre will not corrode.
- Physical restrictions will not affect fibre access and speed, no matter how far away you are from the central switching points.
- Fibre is able to carry larger information loads further because the signal is not lost over longer distances.
- Fibre is much safer than copper because it uses light instead of electrical currents that create heat and could be a fire hazard.
This article was published in partnership with Telkom.