The amount of choices you have when selecting an ISP for ADSL or Fibre is very overwhelming.
In South Africa alone, there are dozens of ISPs to choose from, each presenting different packages and value offerings.
As Fibre continues to boom locally, and internet accessibility grows, the number of ISPs is likely to increase even more.
There are however ways to choose the one that suits you the best by asking yourself these questions:
- How long has your ISP been trading? (If anything less than 3 years, it is best to give them some time to find their feet, otherwise you will be paying for their mistakes)
- Does your ISP manage their own accounts and shaping or do they merely resell another ISP’s accounts? (You really should only consider ISP’s who manage their own shaping / network and packages as an ISP who simply resells another ISP’s account is a middle man. We all know that a middle man is pretty pointless).
- Do they offer any value over and above the based bandwidth account? (If all you get from your ISP is the account you ordered and nothing more, you are being taken for a ride. The ISP market is far too competitive for ISP’s to get away with selling only Vanilla products. Ask your ISP, what are you offering me in addition to my account?)
We spoke to Paul Walters, Chief Engineer at OpenWeb to answer the above questions for us:
1. How long has your ISP been trading?
OpenWeb has been trading since 2005. We have over 11 years of experience in the ISP industry.
Our accounts are amongst some of the best money can buy, without costing you your house.
2. Does your ISP manage their own accounts and shaping or do they merely resell another ISP’s accounts?
We would have it no other way.
It is suicide for an ISP to allow another company to manage their products.
We are in complete charge of our accounts from beginning to end and this is what sets us apart from many of the cowboy fly by night ISP’s you see popping in for a quick buck and then folding a few months down the line.
You have to manage your own products, period.
3. Do you offer me any value over and above the based bandwidth account?
OpenWeb accounts offer some of the most value per rand paid.
For example, if you buy one of our Home Uncapped Special accounts you get an ADDITIONAL, FREE 20GB Capped Unshaped account for the life of your account.
If you buy one of our normal Home Uncapped accounts, you get a SECOND Home Uncapped account absolutely free.
Home Uncapped Pricing Table (Buy 1 get 1 free):
|Home Uncapped||1Mbps||R99 – More info|
|Home Uncapped||2Mbps||R149 – More info|
|Home Uncapped||4Mbps||R249 – More info|
|Home Uncapped||6Mbps||R299 – More info|
|Home Uncapped||8Mbps||R349 – More info|
|Home Uncapped||10Mbps||R389 – More info|
|Home Uncapped||20Mbps||R595 – More info|
|Home Uncapped||40Mbps||R979 – More info|
OpenWeb’s data accounts work both on Telkom ADSL and Telkom Fibre. Buy 1 and get 1 free!
OpenWeb has informed us that the promotion advertised above has Limited Quantities available.
It seems like these will be selling out in the next few hours.
Visit OpenWeb’s website here: http://www.openweb.co.za.