DStv is a satellite service, but some subscribers don’t know about its streaming app: DStv Now. The app is available to all DStv users and allows subscribers to livestream all the same channels they do via their decoders – but on their phones, laptops, smart TVs or even gaming consoles.
Download movies and series to watch later
DStv subscribers can connect to Wi-Fi and download DStv content to their devices via the DStv Now app to watch offline.
How to download using DStv Now
- First, register for DStv Now.
- Next: download the DStv Now app for Android or Apple devices.
- Open the app, log in and go to Menu > Catch Up.
- Select content and tap the cloud-shaped download icon.
- When downloading, choose Highest, High, Medium or Low. The app will display how much data and storage space is needed for each quality setting. (If the icon has a cross through it, it means that show can’t be downloaded.)
- Download up to 25 items. This includes movies, sports highlights, documentaries, kids shows and series episodes
- To view downloaded content, go back to Menu > Downloads.
What to download
Stephen King series Castle Rock is available on DStv Catch Up; subscribers can download the latest episodes to their devices using the DStv Now app. Shameless season 9 is also in full swing, as well as the latest seasons of House of Cards, The Americans and plenty more.
Cheaper data for DStv Now from Vodacom
Vodacom customers can get 1GB of DStv Now data for just R50, this is enough for up to 4 hours of binge-watching on DStv Now’s lowest quality setting. Dial *135# on a Vodacom phone and select ‘DStv Now’ from video bundles.
Download the DStv Now app and take DStv on holiday.