What is a car auction?
A car auction essentially consists of bidders attending an auction where they compete with other bidders, trying to bid higher than the subsequent bid. The auction ends when there are no more bids, allowing the buyer with the highest bid to collect their car.
Car auctions at WeBuyCars
WeBuyCars currently have an average of 100 cars available per auction, giving you a wide variety of options to choose from. They are hosting car auctions every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at their Midstream branch, and every Monday at their Johannesburg South branch.
Prior to the auction, you have the option to thoroughly inspect all the auction cars. If you desire to buy an auction car before the auction has officially started, you can buy the car with their “Buy Now” option. It is important to note that by doing this, you are still buying the car on their auction terms.
A brief overview of the car auction process at WeBuyCars
- Prior to the auction, you are required to register and pay a deposit of R5,000 which is refundable if you do not buy a car.
- Subject to the reserved price being met, the bidder with the highest bid will be the successful new owner of the car.
- The transaction is finalized with the fall of the hammer and the purchase price is paid on the day of the auction.
- You can collect your car as soon as you have met the payment requirements.
- You are required to collect your purchased car within 48 hours and will be charged if you fail to do so.
- WeBuyCars is not obligated to register the car in your name.
- The auction cars are sold without any warranty and they are under no obligation to repair your car, should it be necessary. Their auction terms and conditions can be found on their website.
- You have the option to inspect the cars on auction beforehand in order for you to make an informed decision.
The benefits of buying a car on auction at WeBuyCars
If you are drawn towards convenience and looking for a great deal on your next car, buying a car on auction might be the solution. Buying a car on auction can save you both money and time. And the best part is, you get to determine the purchase price.
WeBuyCars is constantly focusing on improving the speed and convenience of their service in order to accommodate your needs.
This article was published in partnership with WeBuyCars.