Video on demand provider Vidi has promised subscribers that its application for Samsung Smart TVs will launch “very soon”.
This follows the recent announcement from Times Media Group’s streaming service that it had partnered with ONTV to launch an app on Samsung televisions.
Vidi has also announced a new set of low-cost packages for its subscription video on demand (SVOD) service.
The SVOD service includes unlimited access to TV shows and older movies.
These new subscription options include a daily recurring subscription, and non-recurring subscriptions for 2 days and 7 days.
- 1 day recurring, billed to your mobile account: R5 per day
- 2 days non-recurring, billed to credit card: R69
- 7 days non-recurring, billed to credit card: R79
- 30 days recurring, billed to credit card: R149 per 30 days
- 30 days recurring, billed to Vodacom cellphone: R149 per 30 days
Prices for Vidi’s transactional video on demand service remain unchanged, with rentals of newer movies priced at R15 or R27 – depending on the age of the release.