Facebook’s financial results for the quarter ended 30 June 2016 show strong growth for the social network.
“We’re particularly pleased with our progress in video as we move towards a world where video is at the heart of all our services,” said Facebook.
The highlights of the second quarter were:
- Daily active users (DAUs) – 1.13 billion on average for June 2016, increase of 17% year-over-year.
- Mobile DAUs – 1.03 billion on average for June 2016, increase of 22% year-over-year.
- Monthly active users (MAUs) – 1.71 billion as of June 30, increase of 15% year-over-year.
- Mobile MAUs – 1.57 billion as of June 30, an increase of 20% year-over-year.
Financial highlights were:
- Mobile advertising revenue – approximately 84% of advertising revenue for the second quarter of 2016.
- Capital expenditures – was $995 million.
- Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities – $23.29 billion at the end of the second quarter.